Launch RocketPool rETH pool to promote decentralization.

Summary:

Add a liquidity pool for RocketPool’s staked ETH (rETH) token to Curve.

Abstract:

Several ETH staking pool services have liquidity on Curve (eg. LIDO and Ankr), but currently there is only one (that I know of) that is fully decentralized which is RocketPool. RocketPool has quickly climbed to the #2 staking service as listed by DefiLlama (seen here: [Staking TVL Rankings - DefiLlama]) with over 84k Ξ currently staked, but relies on its deposit pool to provide exit liquidity for current stakers which vary dramatically.

Motivation:

To promote the importance of decentralized protocols in the ecosystem Curve could launch a liquidity pool for the most decentralized ETH staking pool to date and collect exit and entrance fees for those looking to arbitrage this desire for early exit.

Specification:

Pool should have at least an ETH pair and potentially routing or a tuple for LIDO or Ankr ETH to provide a mechanism for current non-decentralized stakers to make the switch.

For:

• Promote Decentralization
  • Compete against current rETH liquidity pools on other AMMs.

Against:

• Decentralization is not important.
  • Do not fall into disfavor with current ETH staking service projects that have liquidity on Curve.

Poll:
Signal

Edit
Signal now is a choice of where we should focus the pool. L1 or L2? If you do not like this proposal, simply do not vote!

1 Like

As a general rule, we do not make any more custom implementation when the factories can handle those things.

1 Like

@charlie_eth while I still think there is an optics handicap for factory vs. non-factory pools I understand that ideally RP would launch this themselves.
This was more about starting the conversation and possibly getting a “hot” / “cold” temperature from the community before spending my own time/gas on getting this up. Would love some hand-holding to get this done should there be support for this should the team not want to launch it themselves though!