Incentive for providing liquidity on ftm.curve.fi

Summary:

This is a proposal to introduce incentives for in CRV Liquidity Providers for providing liquidity on ftm.curve.fi.

Abstract:

This is a proposal proposal to introduce incentives for in CRV Liquidity Providers for providing liquidity on ftm.curve.fi.

Motivation:
Curve released a version of their solution on Fantom network [http://)https://fantom.foundation/blog/how-to-use-curve-on-fantom/]. But the LPs on Fantom do not have access to incentives in CRV and, by extension, to all the possibility related to its (Look CRV, Mint veCRV, take part in the Governance decision, Boost Pools). Setting up incentives for these LPs will allow them to be fully integrated into the Curve ecosystem, and take part in the Governance decisions.

About Fantom :

Fantom is a fast, scalable, and secure layer-1 platform built on a permissionless aBFT consensus protocol. The speed, low transaction costs, and high throughput make Fantom ideal for DeFi applications and real-world uses.

Fantom is fully compatible with Ethereum through the EVM and positions itself as a natural scaling solution for Ethereum; developers can easily build on Fantom using Solidity and the same tools as on Ethereum.
Many Ethereum protocols are porting over to Fantom to create a seamless cross-chain ecosystem. The technology is also used in several government digitization programs in the Middle East.

Specification:

Need to be specify for each pool individualy

Food for thought
For:

• Fully include ftm.curve.fi users in Curve Ecosystem
  • Ensure that the services that develop on the fantom ecosystem revolve around the liquidity pools present on ftm.curve.fi.

Against:

• It’s technically impossible to do it.
  • Fantom ecosystem doesn’t fit with Curve values.
  • No interest for the community to do it.

Poll:

Post a link to your proposal if it’s already been created

3 Likes

How would you propose accomplishing this? Curve can’t directly track liquidity on fantom and allocate CRV fairly. I like the EPS model because it avoids this problem entirely by just divorcing curve from the version launched on BSC. I understand Fantom is a little different because it’s still directly tied to Curve (admin fees returned to veCRV, for example). Seems the handling of rewards in CRV or some other token would have to be handled differently in this case.

2 Likes

I realy like the Curve team, and I prefer to have a model in which Curve Team directly release a Curve version on Fantom,than a model like Ellipsis and EPS in which another team is in charge of the development of the project. In my opinion, it t give more confidence in ftm.cruve.fi and it can benefit from all the experience acquired by Curve (about Governance, pool creation and token selection, security, etc…)

I don’t know exactly how to fairly launch this kind of reward, but I have some idee. I don’t have enought tehcnical experience to know if theses solution can be put in place, but i thought to this

1. Swap a part of the total CRV amount on Fantom blockchain (in fCRV, like the fUSDT), and use it to incentive pool. But if I inderstand well how CRV supply work, all CRV token are not created for the moment, and are emitend allong the time. So seems complicated to be put in place.

2. Swap a pat of Each CRV emission on fantom Blockchain : it will reduce the amount of CRV reward on Ethereum, and maybe push price to the high. But some Ethereum LP can find this unfair. And the question to swap CRV from Ethereum to Fantom is also a question : DO we use a swap ? If yes, Will we lose the “Decentralization” of CRV token and depend of a “Centralized” entity ? I don’t know how a swap like multichain.xyz is centralized.
    Or, on the same scheme, Burn CRV on Ethereum and emit the same quantity with a Fantom smart contract on Fantom Blockchain.

3. Maybe can we create another token direcly on fantom blockchain, and mabe separate the Governance ? One for Ethereum, the other for Fantom (and it will avoid the “war” btween the different LP and proposal which going to be in favor of one blockchain and against the other ?

For all people who find this thread, please go on this one for more information about the incentivisation L2 network: [Discussion] Multi chain gauges, to spread the CRV love on side chains and L2s