Burn and Ban vs Vote and Ban

Summary:

We are looking at ways to make use of the CRV token to manage the “CRV Social Channel” Telegram channel.

Abstract:

Managing Telegram channels is a time-consuming task and for certain things a consenus approach might even yield better results. Combining existing mechanisms as vote for ban with the usage of ERC-20 tokens could potentially be a revolutionary approach for self-managing telegram groups.

There are multiple approaches that could be taken into consideration for implementation:

1. Burn x amount of CRV to ban userid for y amount of time

Example numbers:

• 10 CRV : 1 hour
  • 100 CRV: 12 hours
  • 150 CRV: 24 hours
  • 100000 CRV: permanent
  1. Vote with veCRV to ban userid for y amount of time

Create a pool and use veCRV similar as with gauge weight voting to decide whether a particular users should be banned and for how long.

We are looking for feedback on what CRV vote lockers think of this before possibly going to an official proposal.

Poll:

Post a link to your proposal if it’s already been

• Burn x amount of CRV to ban userid for y amount of time
  • Vote with veCRV to ban userid for y amount of time
  • Let mods do the job in a centralized way of working

0 voters

I personally don’t dislike anyone enough to spend $30 to see them gone for an hour, let alone spend larger sums. I like the idea of creating motivation to burn more CRV, but TG moderation doesn’t seem like the place for it.

I think a paid moderator role would be a better approach if there is a need currently.