CIP#3 - Add SmartWalletWhitelist with DAO maintained whitelist

What the smart contract does is

1. It’s a general Smart Wallet Whitelist contract where any contract address can be whitelisted by DAO Vote and also if the address is not whitelisted, it checks against a checker contract which allows for more complex checks(checking code hashes for example), that checker is also controlled by DAO

2. At the same time whitelists yearn’s voting vault contract

The idea behind whitelisting yearn’s voting vault contract automatically is so there’s no need to wait 7 more days to whitelist that contract.

Also, the contract has a revokeWallet function which allows DAO to revoke a whitelisted contract.

3 Likes

I agree that it’s a bit early to push this one through where most people have no vote. It will significantly reduce CRV rewards for individuals and increase sell pressure.

At the moment I don’t see the benefit for CRV or veCRV holders.

But I think that those involved with CRV also have their fair share of YFI because it was farmed first through the y pool, so they probably don’t mind if YFI leverages CRV. The CRV-only holders will probably not be strong enough to prevent this…

1 Like

We are all aware of that man…

Yes there’s a technical reason for the whitelist, and there’s also a reason this was rushed through before everyone else could vote.

This proposal should not be rushed through, once it is it will be hard to get rid of it.

Sufficient time should be given to zapper.fi and co to add functionality for curve too and then include them as part of a general proposal.

How would it be hard to get rid of? We could literally put a proposal through to vote to remove the whitelist tomorrow.

The only thing is that nobody wants to do so it’s not going to happen.

The territorial behaviour isn’t helping anyone. Curve isn’t interested Yearn and Yearn isn’t interested in hurting Curve. Just because a handful of users from both sides like to pretend it’s the case doesn’t make it true.

Yearn I believe will introduce proposals to support CRV instead of farm and dump and we have plenty of proposals to give a bright future to the CRV token, one of them being voted on right now.

I suggest we stop the counter productive arguing and focus on what’s ahead.

6 Likes

This proposal has to be applied with a new vote so if anyone didn’t have a say, can do so now, vote snapshot is from 31/08/2020 19:21:30 UTC - http://dao.curve.fi/vote/ownership/3

1 Like

Can you explain why a new vote is applied?