A proposal to add Unstoppable Domains as a connect wallet option.
Login with Unstoppable allows a user to connect their browser wallet by signing in using their human-readable Web3 domain.
The domain acts as a digital backpack for a persons Web3 identity and can attach general user profile info, social, anon email relay, badges/POAPs, proof of certificates, and users can choose to permission this data to Curve if they wish.
Motivation for Users:
- It allows our growing community (2.7m+ domains registered to date) to connect with their Web3 domain.
Motivation for Curve:
- Adding UD as a login option would give Curve exposure to our 620k+ active user base, by allowing them to login using their Web3 domain.
- Light integration lift, takes most ppl less than half an hour, we’ll do for you it if there’s an open repo
- Drive new users to curve which could mean more liquidity
- Comes with a free analytics platform Video demo
- Data Analytics: This provides a way to gain additional insight and segment reports by user permissioned data.
- As users have the ability to permission anon email proxy, this provides a Curve a new channel to communicate with users who wish to be contacted. As a Curve user myself I don’t have a lot of great ways to keep tabs on what’s happening/changing over at Curve, and would actually welcome updates directly from an elite team.
- Depending on Curve’s interest level, we would promote from our social channels to drive user engagement (300k+ twitter followers, 600k+ newsletter subscribers, listing on our partner page with >1m monthly visits).
- We would also be happy to co-market further defi eduction, and explore other synergies in this realm
I’m a Curve user myself, both for swapping and as an LP.
I hear people say that there’s no real world utility in defi, but I used a defi loan to help purchase my house, and Curve was a part of that process in swapping DAI & LUSD to USDC to fiat offramp.
A lot of people are intimidated by Curve but I think it’s the most well designed AMM and I also think the gauge voting mechanism is a genius way to direct liquidity, provide incentives for doing so, and to drive CRV utility/value. I also realize it’s one of the few cruxes of legit yield in the defi ecosystem and a true pillar to the defi community.
In other words, I want to do what’s in my very limited power to help Curve’s future success and I believe this proposal serves to add value.
User Flow: Demo Video
- User clicks Connect Wallet
- Unstoppable Domains is listed as another option
- User clicks Login with Unstoppable
- User enters their domain name
- User signs tx with whatever browser wallet they’re using
- User can permission what data is shared - Done!
- note that free domain flow can be disabled/enabled